Monday, May 18, 2009

Really, I have no idea what I'd like to share today. It's been about a week since I blogged last, so I guess I'm just fresh out of stories. So, here goes... we'll see where the Muse leads...

Not been feeling fabulous over the last several weeks, so I prescribed a weekend of doing nothing this last weekend. And I'm pleased - and chagrined - to report that I was pretty much successful. With the exception of a bit of laundry, two loads of dishes, cleaning the living room and baking cookie bars *yum!* I did nothing - sleeping, movies (Ms. Bennett and Mr. Darcy win again), video games, reading. It was hard work! I hate to be unproductive and by Sunday I was antsy. After watching P&P (yes, again), I wondered how the ladies at the time spent so much idle time. BORING! Walks, flower picking, reading and letter writing take up only so much time. My hubbie was awfully proud - he's a pro at unproductivity (not a criticism *ahem*) and has been trying to teach me. Suffice it to say, I'm feeling better today, and better able to tackle life.

Sometimes this auto-immune thing really kicks my butt. It's been some time since I've had a "spell" - so we called them growing up (runs in the family). Usually I defy them and keep on trucking - mind over matter and whatnot. This time matter won. :) Alas, no need to pity... everyone has a burden to carry and this one is mine. I know there are so many worse things, so it's all good.


Ok really, enough negativity... Tara sent me pics from our Kenny adventure earlier this month. Check out the cowboy hat! Cracks me up! How do folks wear these things everywhere? I couldn't see squat! And my neck was tired of tilting back to see, but at that point, couldn't take it off... medusa hair was already in the works! I daresay (P&P I heart you!) after the good soaking it got, the hat doesn't look like that anymore... so sad.

No comments: