Thursday, November 8, 2012

Soooo... Tara & i decided that we needed to begin our own Happiness Project.   Because really, can you really be happy enough?

Though, as i began formulating my happiness project goals, i'm realizing these are life betterment goals -- not necessarily happiness goals.  For example, my first set of goals is around losing weight.  Yes, i would be happier -- i think -- if i weighed 15 pounds less.  My confidence would go up, i would feel better, my clothes would fit better, etc, etc.  However, i really love to eat!  It makes me happy to dip that tasty seasoned chip in the fresh tomato salsa and give it a big crunch!  Chip #2, #3, #4...#25 taste just as good!  The question is, does losing weight make me happier than eating my weight in chips & salsa.  We shall see, i suppose.  

And as i'm writing down these goals to develop into a more fabulous me (hard to imagine, i know), i'm thinking what i really want to do is make some goals about being an uber gamer or giving myself permission to read all day or going to a decadent spa.  i mean, that's FUN (fun with a capital F!) -- nerdy (relaxing too!), but FUN!
“Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that, but simply growth. We are happy when we are growing.” -William Butler Yeats
Alas, i'm grudgingly agreeing with Mr. Yeats.  i find it's true at work, and i'm sure applies to personal endeavors.

So, how's it going so far you ask?  Today is week 1 in month 1.  And yeah, while i've not been gorging (minus the 5 oreos consumed today), i've neither been diligently tracking food, working out or even being more active.   i think i'm gonna need more accountability -- maybe some incentive.  /sigh

No comments: